Here are a few tips we have learned about our various items
For Cooking Steak…
- Pick a good cut of steak. Something like Ribeye, NY. strip or porterhouse. I know that there are websites out there that tell you the cut doesn’t matter, but that is BS.
- Put the rub on the steak and put it n the fridge for at least an hour (if not overnight). This will allow the salts and sugars to really penetrate the meat.
- Cook over high heat! So, turn on your grill and heat that bad boy up. When it is HOT, put the steak on it and let it cook for 4-5 minutes (less time for thin steaks), then flip it over and cook between 5 min (for rare) and 10 min (well done). Warning: actual times may vary depending on the thickness of the cut.
- When done cooking, let the steak stand for at least 7 minutes. This will help keep the juices inside the steak.
Mediterranean Spice Rub
- Good on pork, been and hard vegetables like broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
- Standard package is enough for 4 pounds of food.
Apple Pie Mix
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare pie crust in 9″ pie plate.
- Peal and dice into wedges 3 grannie smith apples and place them in a bowl.
- Add pie mix to bowl and mix it in thoroughly with the apple wedges.
- Pour apple mix into the bottom pie crust.
- Cover with top of the pie with crust
- Crimp the edges of the crust and cover just the edges with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- Suggestion: Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Mulling Spices (Hot spiced cider)
- In a pot on the stove, combine 1/2 gallon of apple cider and one mulling spice bag. Just throw the whole bag in, it’s fine. Heat until just below a boil, then put in a crock pot on low. It is good for several hours like that. For a little kick, try it with a shot of rum added to your cup.
Mulling Spices (Hot mulled wine)
- In a pot on the stove, combine 1/2 gallon of red wine (may also use port wine) with the juice of one orange, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and one bag of the mulling spice. Heat until just below a boil, then put in a crock pot on low.
Smoked Taco Seasonings
- Thoroughly cook the meat (chicken or beef) in a skillet.
- Mix spices with 3/4 cup of water and pour over meat.
- Cook until water and spice mix thickens